Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Chennai urge, resolutions & other musings

  • In recent times, I have got this great urge to go to chennai to just idle my time there. After I joined the firm, I visited chennai either to attend friends' marriage or send-off/visit friends. And the schedules in most of these trips were tight and may be I missed the Chennai I am used to. Idling away time either chatting with someone on the phone in the middle of the day or listening to those FM channels or an evening spent in besant nagar beach doing nothing but to just stare at the sea and the horizon or to read a book in half a day to one day. Think a  weekend trip to chennai is long due now. 
  • I'd love to start reading books again. The last one I read was "Almost  Single"  by Advaita Kala, about a month back. Turned out to be a bit girly book. Was good in general. Had read "Catcher in the Rye" before that. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Have been doing a lot of reading lately -  the article types mainly and I can say with good amount of certainity that almost all of them were in one way or the other related to finance industry. I never thought I would crib on this because wanting to know about the finance industry was the major reason for me to join this job. Also, I am pretty much sure that I would have got bored out within 6 months if I had joined in some other industry.  If you know some good books, do drop me a mail. 
  • Not into running for the past two weeks. The runners' club has got a 24 km run tomorrow. Think am going to skip that. I should pretty soon get into the groove if I need to do get  anywhere near the 2 hours mark  in the Hyderabad half marathon coming up in August.
  • The itch to buy a good mountain bike is increasing with every passing day. But I am not really sure whether a guy like me who wakes up at 9/10 in the morning and reaches to work at 11 is ever going to go in a bicycle. Still the temptation is irresistible.
  • I had a look at the resolutions that I took at the start of the year to assess where I am at the end of Q1. On the half-marathon front, I think I am on schedule. Most marathons are scheduled in winter.  Dropped the CFA thing because of logistic problems. Though I am not blogging once in a week, I would like to believe I am more of a regular now than before. Planning to take the 4 -wheeler license sometime in july/august(Planning to enroll for training after may/june). And the *task* still awaits. And I am for sure to lay that to rest by the end of this year, either way.
That's it for now. BFN.

PS: Couple of good articles that I read can be found here and here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home