Thursday, May 10, 2007

Refreshingly Original!!

Been a long time since I've seen a city based tamil film being creative and original. May be it had an overdose of cricket but someone has to cash in on CWC 07 if not the Indian cricket team. Portrays gully cricket at its best and I believe many would be able to connect with the movie in someway or the other.

It reminds me of my 11th and 12th at DAV when Susi, Kand (more on him later!!) and myself would go to princi's room atleast once per day to request him to cancel our class and allow us to play cricket. we always had(or made) some reason and it helps a lot if your class strength is just eight. I also remember breaking a guy's head while playing cricket when I was in 8th and the blood gushing out of his head as he was carried to the hospital. My brother scared the hell out of me when he asked me to prepare myself to spend the rest of my life in prison lest something happens to the poor soul. To say the least, I had a really long night and thank god, the injury wasn't that bad.

Can't help myself from thinking of Boys when I see this one. For some reason, I think that title could have been more apt for this movie. Anyway, enjoyable movie. Give it a shot. Adios!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see you active after a long time and I get to see three posts all of a sudden.
BTW I think it was sriram with us more often than kandu when going to princi's office.
Will see the movie soon enough. Getting a breathing space after a long time now.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home