Sunday, April 19, 2009

IPL 2.0

I hope the IPL this season  will provide qualtiy cricket compared to 2008's slambang version. Thoroughly enjoyed first two matches(Sachin and Rahul's innings in particular). Rahul emphasizing  the need to be play proper cricket was tongue-in-cheek reply to the current one day squad which mostly consist of guys who want to take the left foot out of the line and go for a huge swing. Was glad that he took a dig at them. The sight of Mandira Bedi was enough to send a shrill up my spine. I think I am yet to come to terms with the horrendous 2003 WC broadcasting experience. 




One thing that I thought will change this time around was the commentators' uninhibited worship of the sponsors. How wrong was I. Every six, boundary or stunning catch was one of DLF maximum, Citi moment of sucess,.. . And to top it all, there was atleast 3 instances in every match where the IPL team was thanking the huge list of sponsors(at toss, at the presentation and one at the innings break). Not sure if there is any noble gesture that would provoke such appreciation. May be they are right when they say IPL has something for everybody. I am in for the game. But the crap that accompanies it becomes too much to stand at times.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home